Pages

"There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." -Walter Streightiff

Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Cat in the Hat

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, we celebrated by reading his books and participating in play activities centered around our favorites.
"Should we tell her about it? 
Now, what SHOULD we do? 
Well...
What would you do
                    If your mother asked YOU?"
"Mommy! Daddy!"

"I wouldn't tell my mom..."

"The Cat in the Hat made a big mess at my house and
he's hiding under my bed. He did clean up the mess."

"Mom! I was playing hide and seek."

"Mom! The cat in the hat made a big mess but I put
him outside and he went to his house."

"The Cat in the Hat didn't come to my house."

"Mommy. Big mess."

"I would tell her 'cause it's not good to lie.
The Cat in the Hat came to our house
and made a big mess and he's
hiding in our rooms!"
We decorated our own hat shapes with bleeding tissue paper. After placing the tissue paper onto our hat shapes in a pattern of our choice, we sprayed it with water and allowed it to dry. 







When we removed the dried tissue paper, we had hats of many colors. We decided the Cat in the Hat would probably be envious of our hats. After all, his is just plain red and white stripes!







No comments:

Post a Comment