Pages

"There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." -Walter Streightiff

Thursday, January 25, 2018

We Are All Alike, We Are All Different

Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King!

In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., we celebrated how we are the same and how we are different. We talked about peace and being kind to everyone, a simple summary of Dr. King's message. 
What's a celebration without a party?!?







After reading We are All Alike...We are All Different
we talked about how we are alike and how we are different- our eye and hair color, our gender, our families, our skin color, where we live... Even though we're not all the same, we can all be friends and be kind to one another.














I have a dream...
We read some of Dr. King's speech about his dreams for the world. 
We talked about dreams. Things like, what is my dream for when I grow up? What is my dream for the world? What can I do to change the world?
We wrote our dreams on "cloud" shapes and then glued on some cotton balls to make it look like a dream...
I can dream like Martin Luther King...




We're all different colors on the outside, like all of the people in The Colors of Us
colors like cinnamon, honey, chocolate, french toast, etc. We placed our hands in the middle of our circle so we could see all the different colors.
Look at all of those beautiful colors!
After reading The Crayon Box that Talked 
Image result for the crayon box that talked
and talking more about differences and how wonderful it is to be different- to be "who we are", we used all of the colors to paint our hands. We printed them and added lyrics written by Ben Harper-
"I can change the world
with my own two hands
make a better place
with my own two hands
make a kinder place
with my own two hands"...










No comments:

Post a Comment