Pages

"There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." -Walter Streightiff

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Barnyard Hulaballoo

Old MacDonald had a farm E-I-E-I-O...
If you had been a little mouse in our school room this week, you would have heard this song sung quite a bit. We headed to the barnyard to meet up with a lot of the Old MacDonald's friends and help him with his work.
Old MacDonald Had A Farm
On this farm he had a tractor, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We used tractors to help him plow the fields.




On this farm he had some horses, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We had a couple of horses to ride around the farm to help us with our chores.






On this farm he had some ducks, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We read about five little ducks and their mommy. They went out to play and when their mommy called them back, they didn't all come. They had to watch out for the fox, but in the end, they all wandered back. 
Image result for five little ducks book

We sang the song "Five Little Ducks" and dramatized with duck puppets. 












On this farm he had some sheep, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We read about Mary and her little lamb,
Image result for mary had a little lamb book 
and Baa Baa Black Sheep
Image result for baa baa black sheep book
made our own little lambs with real sheep's wool, and told stories about them. It was a great fine motor activity. We had to use our finger muscles to pull the sheep's wool into little pieces. 





My sheep's name is "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep".
He lives on a farm.
He's a dad and he teaches the animals.
He teaches the other sheep.
He has eyes, nose, legs and feet.
And wool.
He likes to walk on the farm
and he walks to another farm.


My sheep's name is "Sork".
He lives in Conifer with me.
He likes to play.

My sheep's name is "Black Sheep".
He can go to a farm.
He jumps.
He is dirty and I wash him
'cause, I'm the farm guy.
I have a blankie for him.
He got sick when he walked to the other farm. 
On this farm he had a cow, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We read about a silly cow who would thought she could fly. Cows can't fly...or can they? Gertrude could and Miss Rosemary had to find a way to get her down so she could milk her.
Image result for the cow who wouldn't come down
We had a great time milking our cow named Bessie






We had to be careful and pull gently on her utters so she wouldn't kick us. 





On this farm we churned some butter, 
E-I-E-I-O.

We put Bessie's milk in an old fashioned butter churn and made butter to put on our bread for snack when we make bread with "the little red hen".





On this farm he had some chickens, 
E-I-E-I-O.
After reading Dora's Eggs,
Image result for dora's eggs
we played a game called "Fox and the Hen". Using a basket of eggs, one of us was the mother hen and had to protect her eggs. When she fell asleep, a sneaky fox came up (another of us) and took one of the eggs. When mother hen woke up, she had to try to guess who took the egg.
This game is great for cooperation, dramatization  and language. 
























On this farm we made some bread, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We made bread with the little red hen since her friends on the farm wouldn't help her. 
We got to touch some wheat so that we could see what it is like before it gets threshed and turned into flour.
Image result for little red hen book
Unlike the animals in the book, when asked, "Who will help me make the bread?" There was a resounding, "I will!"






















Our bread smelled wonderful and tasted even better with our butter and some jelly for our snack.

On this farm he had some pigs, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We read Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm
and then we got down and dirty with the pigs on the farm. We played in the mud!
 It was really chocolate pudding...





























On this farm he had some turkeys, 
E-I-E-I-O.
We sang a fun song about turkeys 
as we strutted around,
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble,
Fat turkeys, fat turkeys,
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble,
Fat turkeys are we!
We walk very proudly
And gobble so loudly,
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble,
Fat turkeys are we!
We read a funny book about a turkey hiding from the farmer the day before Thanksgiving called Run Turkey, Run!
Image result for run turkey run
Then, we painted with turkey feet...


We also designed turkeys using feathers, eyes and sticky tp tubes.








No comments:

Post a Comment