Pages

"There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." -Walter Streightiff

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blowin' in the Wind March 19, 20, 29 and 30

We did plenty of blowing this week. We used our own air and the air of the wind to power things like bubbles, kites, pinwheels and balloons...

Blowing bubbles was loads of fun indoors and out!

We even made some bubble prints...
We read The Grumpalump by Sarah Hayes, about some animals and a hot air balloon.
 We acted the story out on the parachute.

More favorite books were, WhoTook the Farmer’s Hat by Joan L. Nodset and The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins.


We sang a fun song about the wind to the tune of “Have You Seen the Muffin Man?”

The wind was playing tricks today
It almost blew me far away.
It almost knocked my off my feet
As I went walking down the street.

The next time that I go outside
The wind won’t take me for a ride
I know just what I will do
I’ll put some glue on the bottom of my shoe.

The fan blew into the room so that we could watch our pinwheels turn in the air. We also used our own air to blow them.













Balloons were blown up so that we could play with them. We practiced bopping them up in the air and tried to keep them from falling to the floor.




We dipped balloons in paint to design kites of our own.





Playing at the park- flying kites and blowing bubbles, topped the list as favorite activity of the week.













We had a perfect day for kites and bubbles blowin' in the wind!













No comments:

Post a Comment